Hey! You're looking at the archive of the UFF forums. Our new message board is at http://www.mognetcentral.com. Please join us!
Doctor Who - Page 13 - UFF Network Forums Home The Photo Album Contact Us Final Fantasy Final Fantasy Final Fantasy Final Fantasy Final Fantasy Final Fantasy Final Fantasy Final Fantasy Final Fantasy Final Fantasy Final Fantasy Final Fantasy Final Fantasy
UFF Network Forums
Hey! You're looking at the archive of the UFF forums. Our new message board is at http://www.mognetcentral.com. Please join us!

Go Back   UFF Network Forums > On-Topic Forums > Debate & Discussion

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old Mar 31, 2012, 08:35 PM   #181
Kuro
HIIIIIII!!!!

Anyone still watching this?? ^^;

I'm still not done with Series 4 (somehow I'm just delaying the Tennant --> Smith regeneration... old habits are hard to give up and all... )

Anyway, figured that even though most Doctor Who fans still following the show already know, with Amy and Rory leaving this series, a new Companion has been cast: Jenna-Louise Coleman.

Now, I'll be honest in that I found it very, VERY hard to even get past Rose (don't judge, I really liked her. ) and I don't know how attached I'll get to Amy and Rory. But I always had that "take a deep breath, recompose yourself, and try to move on" stage when it came to getting used to new Doctors and new Companions. Never easy! *L*

Anyway, with Series 7 production in full swing and Steven Mofatt trolling the fandom with evil bits of information now and again, I figure now's a good a time as any to start getting ramped up. YAY!

Kuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2012, 11:04 PM   #182
Frei

Send a message via MSN to Frei Send a message via Skype™ to Frei
Yeah, I wish we could get a companion who's not Pretty Young Lady. Even Rory made a nice change from the norm. I hated Rose and Martha but I'm so down with Amy and Rory, they're pretty great and I'll be sad to see them go.

Smith is the best Doctor since TBaker and Davison, Kuro, you'll love him

But then Tennant ranks maybe 7th or 8th in my top 10 Doctors, I really didn't like the guy, so... I'm biased. But Smith's first series is incredible, no matter what you think of him or previous incarnations.
Frei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 2012, 12:02 AM   #183
Kuro
HIIIIIII!!!!

Hee... Oh, I have no doubt I'll really like Matt Smith, I just always have that adjustment period between cast changes. You should have seen me after "Doomsday," I was a mess. And I started watching the new series BECAUSE I wanted to see Tennant, but started with Eccleston, but still found myself a "OMG DON'T GO!" mess in "Parting of the Ways."

...maybe I just don't accept change all that gracefully...? *LOL*

That being said, yep, I'm definitely not afraid that I won't like S5 and S6 since I also think Mofatt is an incredible writer and look forward to what he's done. But Tennant will always be my Doctor so I'm kinda biased in that sense, too. ^^;

But anyway!!

Yeah, I also kind of wished that the new Companion didn't follow the same "pretty young girl pattern," but... oh well.

Now, in light of what Mof has said about the new Companion (though it could pretty much could be a bullet-point list of every OTHER companion), I wonder what's in store for her. One idea is that she'll be Jenny, which, honestly, I'm not sure how I'll feel about that. Though, I'd find it absolutely hilarious (and just a bit frightening) if she's Rose and Ten-Too's cross-dimensional kid... (okay, I hope that character NEVER happens)... XD

Old Apr 3, 2012, 04:03 PM   #184
AP
Editor Person

Send a message via ICQ to AP Send a message via AIM to AP Send a message via MSN to AP Send a message via Yahoo to AP Send a message via Skype™ to AP
Looking forward to the new companion, as I'm sick to death of Amy, as fit as she is.
Old Apr 3, 2012, 07:05 PM   #185
Wingly
Death, the First Dancing Turtle

It'll be interesting.

but it better start up again soon. I'm having some serious chin-withdrawal.
But yes, I fully acknowledge that I can never be as qualified as you at anything. You are indeed a God among men, and for anyone to even suggest that they are better than you at anything, would be downright blasphemous.
Wingly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8, 2012, 05:26 PM   #186
Beatrix the Goddess
Rose of May

Send a message via MSN to Beatrix the Goddess
Well I don't care if she's Pretty, Young or Lady as long as she's Funny. My favourite companion ever is Donna because she's just so freakin' hilarious, but she just doesn't get enough credit. But then I never watched Catherine Tate in Little Britain or whatever she was in, so I aproached it with a somewhat untainted view of her I suppose.

Mich - I'm also in the Tenant club But you'll like Matt Smith, he's a worthy successor.

As moderator for the Last Homely House, feel free to pm or email me if you want to talk about any problems you're having. I'm happy to try to help & to talk things through with you if you feel in need of support, and everything will be in strict confidence. Your status on the board is irrelevant; absolutely anyone can contact me for help
Beatrix the Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8, 2012, 07:00 PM   #187
Frei

Send a message via MSN to Frei Send a message via Skype™ to Frei
Donna was probably my favourite companion before Rory came along, what happened to her was just unforgivable
Frei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2012, 07:16 AM   #188
Kuro
HIIIIIII!!!!

Yeah, I miss Donna so much... And agreed that her ending was the most heartbreaking end for any of the companions I've seen. Admittedly, my favorite companion is between Rose and Donna, but I absolutely adored Catherine Tate and David Tennant together; they were something else during S4 and there were scenes they had that were pure magic.

And, I can't ask for salt these days without breaking into giggles.

"SALT! SALT!! I NEED SALT!!"

PS - Oh yeah, I am also a Jack Harkness fan, even though I could never quiiiiite get into Torchwood.

Old Apr 10, 2012, 05:38 PM   #189
Wingly
Death, the First Dancing Turtle

The best companion was the companion related to Donna, but wasn't Donna. Wilf. He was awesome. And also Rory. Donna was pretty good. I don't understand all the hate. Could be related to the other stuff she's done (I've seen some of it and she's not funny).
But yes, I fully acknowledge that I can never be as qualified as you at anything. You are indeed a God among men, and for anyone to even suggest that they are better than you at anything, would be downright blasphemous.
Wingly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2012, 12:00 AM   #190
DeeDee

Send a message via MSN to DeeDee
That's the reason I didn't like Donna, just because I don't particularly like Catherine Tate. My favourite would have to be Rose. I think the episode "The Girl In The Fireplace" made that decision, even if it was towards the end of her time as companion.

I'd like to see Captain Jack come back in the new series. Even without Tennant, I think he'll be great with Smith.
DeeDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2013, 11:11 AM   #191
joeyvosko

Send a message via AIM to joeyvosko Send a message via Skype™ to joeyvosko
Ii just happened to be that I had theses series with me for quite some time but never watched it. Then I ran out of series and though : Ok thats all thats left inmy pc, so lets give it a try. And Blimey! Did I like it? Although the second episode: end of the earth was the most amazing episode! Love the series..Still watching